Friday, June 5, 2009

Post 34?! More Infrastructure Stuff and Junk













Here are some local, hot cars I saw while wandering around the lighthouse. There is an American Muscle Car club and they sure look American except for the steering wheel is often located on the wrong side of the car.

I've also included a picture of a covered float for mooring a powerboat out of the salt water. I thought it was very clever so hopefully, the picture is good enough to figure out how this works.

To all my patient friends who want to know the true Underbelly of OZ, I apologise. This is simply a little more on the differences between how we and the Aussies tackle such mundane items as getting water and power to a flat. I've included some pictures so I don't have to type so much, besides I get complaints if I write too much. Every yard has these goofy water pipes with the water meter in the middle, standing up in the yard. Naturally, they seem to get run over all the time. Some people put bricks around them to attempt to keep them in once piece. The advantage is however that if they're leaking, it's readily apparent.

No comments: