Saturday, January 3, 2009

Family Christmas Vacation in Oz - Part Deux















































Its Sunday morning and after 2 weeks off, it'll be back to work tomorrow. In a lot of ways it seems unreal. Unreal (as a formerly being employed in the US) in getting that much time off when only being employed for 2 months, unreal having the family here, bursting onto the scene then leaving all too soon. We had a great time doing a little exploring, being a part of the fierce lawn bowling competition between the survey and mapping departments at work. Nick and Carly loved the new experience, I think having beer available was part of the fun.

Through Carly's Sydney friends, we were invited to view the start of the Sydney-Hobart Yacht race, pictures above. That was great, seeing the start of the race and meeting such wonderful people. Several couples our age were there for their annual, family get together on Boxing Day. Big BBQ (of course, its Australia) plenty of sun and beer and really a very good time.

We also did some touristy things like the Illawarra Fly, which is a treetop walk in the rain forest. The views are incredible but I really didn't think it was a rainforest, still it was a good time and I think the kids were glad they went as well. Before we left the parking lot, I had to stop because a wombat was out in the field and of course Holly had to try and get a picture.

In the empitness of a flat without the family, I went shopping to buy those things absent and pointed out often. So, should you visit me down under, the flat has been battle tested and improved for your comfort. The invitation is open those I really care about and you know who you are. If you're unsure, just ask!

Please comment, too. I can take it...I think.

No comments: