Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Visits and Complaints







G'day my many friends! The two points in the title are not related (I hope). The complaint is that I haven't posted anything lately. That is true. I guess I've slipped into a routine where not much new is happening. I'll make an effort to create some new adventures (that I can share).

Good news is I have visitors! Sister-in-Law Sherry and her middle son David are here for 2 weeks! The arrived on Friday and managed to negotiate the trains (4 total), find my flat, the key to get in and David was able to hack my computer to get on line to tell me they'd arrived!

I took Sherry up on her offer to buy me a pint at my favorite Pub. So, off we went to the Charles. It was lingerie night and I introduced her to my pub buddies including some new guys who happen to not only run the lingerie models, but are high ranking members of a notorious motorcycle gang. One of the guys is simply known as Sarge as in Sargent of Arms as most gangs are set up in a military style. Fortunately, all are well behaved on Lingerie Night.

Sherry and David got an eye full as half way through the evening, the model who serves drinks, changes into only half her outfit. The picture is of Bek from Portland of all places. She's studying fashion design at the local college after spending 7 or 8 years in Japan doing the same thing. David was grinning but trying not to grin too much when he looked at his mother. Sherry adjusted ok until she saw that night's waitress was wearing braces making her look even younger. It was all good fun.

But the rest of the weekend was more usual, taking them on a tour of the office and the City of Wollongong. Sunday, we went to the Town of Berry (of course I'd take them there) which is full of botiques and so crowded, we had to drive around a couple times to find a place to park. Sherry immediately got sucked into a quilting store while David and I waited for her patiently...at a local Pub. We were going to drive through Kangaroo Valley but it was getting late so I turned in the opposite direction towards a winery Holly and I visited during her last visit. http://www.shoalhavencoast.com.au/two-figs-winery.html This is the link to the area where we stopped at Mountain Ridge, Coolangatta and Two Figs wineries. Sherry and I bought several bottles from each along with some for David to give to a couple of friends who are getting married soon.

Later I took them to an Italian Seafood restaurant in Kiama where again, Holly and I stopped at and really enjoyed ourselves. We ordered a bottle of wine and Sherry was about gone as we headed home. So much wine in so little time. I'm sure she was less than impressed with me when I poured the last bit out of a bottle when we got home.

They flew up to Cairns Monday and will return Friday to spend the rest of their stay with me! It is winter here with temperatures barely reaching into the 60's during the day. They wanted to go where it was hot an snorkle the Great Barrier Reef. Someday, I'll do that too...I hope.

More fun later.

No comments: